3.9 C
Thursday, April 18, 2024
No menu items!
HomeLatviaairBaltic is not yet planning to offer direct flights to US -...

airBaltic is not yet planning to offer direct flights to US – Gauss

Latvian national airline airBaltic does not yet plan to offer direct flights from Latvia to the United States, Martin Gauss, President and CEO of airBaltic, told Latvian Television this morning.

“There will be no direct flights to the US yet,” Gauss said, while adding that he sees the possibility of a connection to New York in the future.

The airBaltic president explained that the airline does not have the aircraft to make such flights economically viable. “It has to be an economically logical step,” said Gauss, adding that airBaltic cannot afford to embark on such a very expensive project at the moment.

As reported, airBaltic and the American carrier Delta Air Lines will begin a codeshare partnership effective November 22.

This new codeshare relationship will see Delta place its code on 20 airBaltic-operated routes to three of the Latvian airline’s bases – Riga, Tallinn, and Vilnius.

In 2022 airBaltic turned over EUR 500.17 million, up 2.5 times from a year before, and the company’s loss reduced 2.5 times to EUR 54.2 million.

airBaltic is a joint stock company that was established in 1995. Its primary shareholder is the Latvian state, which holds 97.97 percent of the stock, while the rest of the shareholders hold 2.03 percent.

Source: BNS

(Reproduction of BNS information in mass media and other websites without written consent of BNS is prohibited.)


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


Most Popular

Recent Comments